Helping to meet your needs at every stage of retirement
Your retirement could last 20, 30 or more years. Today, fewer people will be able to depend on Social Security or an employer pension to cover their day-to-day living expenses in retirement.
While everyone's vision of retirement may be different, we all share the same basic goals to help us be financially prepared.
RiverSource® annuities provide a variety of retirement products to help you:
- Grow your retirement portfolio
- Live the retirement you have envisioned
- Share your legacy with those you'll leave behind
To help meet your retirement needs, RiverSource offers five types of annuities:
- Variable annuities offer the opportunity to participate in financial markets
- Structured annuities balance growth potential with a level of protection
- Fixed index annuities credit interest (up to a cap) based on the performance of indexes
- Fixed annuities guarantee a minimum interest rate for the life of the contract
- Income annuities provide a specific amount of income for the rest of your life or for a specified length of time
Annuities are uniquely designed to offer the powerful combination of protection, tax deferral and guaranteed income in retirement.
To find out which type of annuities are right for your retirement plan, be sure to consult your financial advisor.
The guarantees offered by RiverSource® annuities are backed by the strength and soundness of RiverSource and are subject to our continued claims-paying ability. These guarantees do not apply to the performance of the investments in your annuity, which will vary with market conditions.
View important information about annuities, and how to request a variable annuity prospectus.