To see information for a different variable annuity, select from the list below. For New York and Texas, please select your state. For all others, please select National, then the product name.
RAVA 5 Advantage® variable annuity - New York
You've worked hard throughout your lifetime to prepare for a comfortable retirement. Through each stage — from building your nest egg to enjoying your retirement — you'll want and need sustainable retirement income and the growth potential to help ensure the retirement you envision. RiverSource offers a range of annuity solutions that can help you grow your money, live more confidently in retirement and share your wealth with the people and causes you care about.
Variable annuities are long-term investment vehicles designed to help you position yourself for a more confident retirement. For further information, please read the prospectus.
- Minimum initial payment: Qualified - $1,000; Non-qualified - $2,000
- If annuity is part of an employer-sponsored plan, the minimum payment is $1,000 for lump sum, or $25 per payment (only allowed with group bill).
- Minimum additional payments: $50
- Maximum issue age: 90
Surrender charges (based on each purchase payment)
Access to withdrawals
Cumulative earnings or 10% of the prior anniversary contract value can be annually withdrawn without charge
Surrender charge waivers
Nursing Home Confinement
- Owner and joint owner must be confined to a qualified facility for 60 consecutive days
- Owner and joint owner must be under 76 at contract issue
- Diagnosis must occur after first contract anniversary
- No maximum issue age
Owner and joint owner are covered on both waivers. Check your product prospectus for more information.
$50 monthly minimum
Investment Features and Options
Special Dollar Cost Averaging fixed account (SDCA)
- 6 and 12 month DCA
- Rates are similar to the regular fixed account
- No minimum
Regular fixed account
- One year guaranteed rate followed by 12-month renewal rates
- Guaranteed Minimum Interest Rate varies by issue date
With an optional living benefit
- You can choose from the Portfolio Stabilizer funds.
Without an optional living benefit
If you did not elect an optional living benefit, you can choose from over 90 funds encompassing a wide spectrum of fund families, investment types and strategies. You will have access to individual funds as well as asset allocation portfolios. Our individual funds offer everything from blue-chip domestic funds to international small-company funds to alternatives. Our asset allocation portfolios are broadly diversified across asset classes, market sectors and holdings, and have built-in asset allocation and risk management to help meet your investing goals. You also have access to fixed account options that offer the security of a guaranteed rate of return.
Total Mortality & Expense (M&E) fee
- 7-year M&E: 1.10% (through year 10); 0.95% (years 11+)
- 10-year M&E: 0.95%
Optional Living and Death Benefit fees
|Fee added to M&E fee|
|Return of Purchase Payments (ROPP) death benefit||0.35%|
|Maximum Five Year Anniversary Value (MAV5) death benefit||0.10%|
|Maximum Anniversary Value (MAV) death benefit||0.25%|
|SecureSource 4 NY® — Single and Joint Life Benefit||1.25%|
|SecureSource 4 Plus NY® — Single and Joint Life Benefit||1.50%|
|SecureSource Core NYSM — Single and Joint Life Benefit||1.15%|
|SecureSource Core Plus NYSM — Single and Joint Life Benefit||1.50%|
|SecureSource LegacySM death benefit||0.15%|
|Accumulation Protector Benefit® (APB®)||1.30%|
$30 annual charge. (Waived for contracts $50,000 and over; not waived at full surrender.)
Flexible investing options: the choice is yours.
Within your RiverSource® variable annuity, you have two investing paths to consider:
- With an optional living benefit. If you selected a living benefit for your RiverSource variable annuity, you can choose from the Portfolio Stabilizer funds.
- Without an optional living benefit. If you did not elect an optional living benefit, you can choose from over 90 funds encompassing a wide spectrum of fund families, investment types and strategies. You will have access to individual funds as well as asset allocation portfolios. Our individual funds offer everything from blue-chip domestic funds to international small-company funds to alternatives. Our asset allocation portfolios are broadly diversified across asset classes, market sectors and holdings, and have built-in asset allocation and risk management to help meet your investing goals. You also have access to fixed account options that offer the security of a guaranteed rate of return.
Optional benefits provide increased protection
RiverSource® annuities can help with a wide range of retirement needs, including protecting your wealth, providing lifetime income guarantees and leaving a legacy. Optional benefits, available for an additional fee, can be added to your annuity contract to meet your specific goals and needs..
Optional living benefits can protect your investment, offer opportunities for guaranteed income growth while you are accumulating, and provide guaranteed income for life.
Share your legacy with the people and causes you care about with a selection of death benefit options that can help protect your investment for your beneficiaries and even increase what you leave behind.