Fixed Index Annuities
Create greater confidence with stability.
As you work on securing your retirement savings, you may want some assurance that your money:
- Is protected from market downturns
- Has some potential for growth
A RiverSource Assured® fixed index annuity is a long-term retirement savings vehicle issued by an insurance company that can help add stability to your retirement portfolio. With a fixed index annuity you are not investing in the market. Instead it offers you the opportunity to earn interest, using a cap or spread, based on the performance of market indexes. Prepare for — and enjoy — your future with greater confidence knowing that:
- No matter how poorly the indexes might perform, your credited interest will never be less than zero.*
- Multiple indexed accounts, along with a fixed account, provide you with opportunities to accumulate interest, generally tax deferred.
- You can create guaranteed lifetime income with the IncomeSureSM guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefit, available for a fee.
Learn more about the RiverSource Assured fixed index annuity. (Not available in NY.)
*Principal protection applies to the contract value before any optional rider fees. Rider fees will cause your contract value to decrease.
Talk to your financial advisor about how a fixed index annuity may fit into your individual retirement plan. Annuities are intended for retirement investing; therefore withdrawals made from an annuity before age 59½ may be subject to a 10% IRS tax penalty.
If you use an annuity within a retirement plan that is already tax-deferred, such as an IRA, the annuity doesn’t provide any additional tax deferral.
The guarantees offered by RiverSource® annuities are backed by the strength and soundness of RiverSource Life Insurance Company and are subject to its continued claims-paying ability.
View important information about annuities.