Balance growth potential with a level of protection
As you work on securing your retirement savings, you may want some assurance that your money:
- Has the potential for growth
- Has a level of protection that may help eliminate some of the risk that comes from investing
A RiverSource Structured Solutions℠ annuity provides you with opportunities to grow your money and a level of protection that may help lessen the impact of negative performance.
- The RiverSource Structured Solutions annuity offers you equity market exposure, giving you the growth potential you need to help achieve your goals.
- Your money can grow based on the crediting method of the indexed account you select. You are not invested in the market. Instead, the performance of the underlying indexes or Exchange Traded Fund will determine how much you can earn (either up to a cap or subject to a fee).
- Each indexed account includes a protection option — a buffer or a floor. If the index has a negative return, your losses will be reduced by a buffer or limited to a floor. While you can lose money, you will have a safeguard in place that may help lessen the impact of negative performance.
Learn more about the RiverSource Structured Solutions annuity. (Not available in NY or OR)
Talk to your financial advisor about how structured annuity may fit into your individual retirement plan. Annuities are intended for retirement investing; therefore withdrawals made from an annuity before age 59½ may be subject to a 10% IRS tax penalty.
If you use an annuity within a retirement plan that is already tax-deferred, such as an IRA, the annuity doesn’t provide any additional tax deferral.
The guarantees offered by RiverSource® annuities are backed by the strength and soundness of RiverSource Life Insurance Company and are subject to its continued claims-paying ability.