Please select from our complete list of variable life insurance products below. For New York, please select your state. For all others, please select National, then the product name.
RiverSource Succession Select® Variable Life Insurance
RiverSource Succession Select variable life insurance is a survivorship variable universal life policy that insures two lives and offers you flexibility and control to customize the policy to meet your needs. It provides opportunities to accumulate cash value for future goals, such as funding college, supplementing retirement income and transferring wealth. The death benefit proceeds are paid to the beneficiaries after both insureds on the policy have died. These materials have been approved in all states except MA and CT.
RiverSource Succession Select variable life provides protection and offers investment options that fit your risk tolerance, time horizon and objectives. Key benefits include:
- Income tax-free death benefit payout at the last insured's death
- Protection on two lives
- Tax-deferred cash growth opportunities in the equities market and/or a fixed account
- More than 70 investment options
- No-lapse guarantee to age 85 or 100
Remember, accessing policy cash value through loans and surrenders may cause a permanent reduction of policy cash values and death benefit.
All guarantees are based on the continued claims paying ability of the issuing company and do not apply to the performance of the variable subaccounts, which will vary with market conditions.
An outline of costs of the RiverSource Succession Select variable life policy, including charges for policy transactions you may choose to initiate.
Premium expense charge
|Mortality & expense charges|
|Effective loan interest rate|
Partial surrender charge
Lesser of $25 or 2% of amount surrendered
Full surrender charge
Level for the first 5 years, decreasing monthly for next 5 years
When it comes to managing your policy's investment options, you can choose the approach best suited to your goals, risk tolerance and investment objectives.
Your policy also offers you the advice embedded solution, Portfolio Navigator funds, to help you make the most of your investment. Portfolio Navigator funds use a sophisticated approach to investing that helps take the emotion out of the decision-making process. It also helps you stay invested for the long-term providing you with the opportunity for more consistent results over time.
Work with your financial advisor to design a customized portfolio that helps you realize your financial objectives and matches your investment style.
Portfolio Navigator Funds of Funds
The Portfolio Navigator funds are sold exclusively as underlying investment options of variable annuity and life insurance products offered by RiverSource Life Insurance Company and RiverSource Life Insurance Co. of New York (collectively, RiverSource Life). The funds are managed by Columbia Management Investment Advisers, LLC, an affiliate of RiverSource Life. RiverSource Life, Columbia Management and their affiliates may receive revenue related to assets allocated to the funds. Prior to allocating contract or policy values to a subaccount that invests in one of the funds, you should read the description in the applicable variable product and fund prospectuses.
Optional riders1 and features are available at additional cost to cover a wide range of needs, including guaranteed coverage.
- No-Lapse Guarantees2 offer guaranteed coverage, no matter what, to age 85 or 100 provided required premiums are paid. (All guarantees are based on the continued claims-paying ability of the issuing company and do not apply to the performance of the variable subaccounts, which will vary with market conditions.)
- The Policy Split Option Rider permits a policy to be split into two individual life insurance policies, one on the life of each insured, due to divorce, dissolution of a business or business partnership between the insureds or certain changes in federal estate tax law.
- The Four-Year Term Insurance Rider provides a specified amount of term insurance. The death benefit is paid if both insureds die during the first four policy years.
1 Certain riders may not be approved in all states and restrictions may apply.
2 Death benefit guarantee in Illinois
Please contact your advisor with any questions.